JQL query to show work logged for a day but not sum of the total work logged on the ticket

Deleted user February 2, 2020

Hi,

I am looking for a JQL that shows work logged for a particular day, let's say, for example, I have work logged 2h on Monday, I need a JQL filter to show 2h work logged on Monday. I do not wanna show the total work logged on the ticket.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hello @[deleted]

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to use a JQL query to return the time logged in a determined day of the week. Is that correct?

Actually, the inbuilt JQL queries of Jira were developed to only return Issues that match specific criteria, so it does not return other kinds of data like Worklog, Labels, etc.

Basically, there's no field in the issues that determine the time range of worklog entries. That being said, we created the following feature request to implement this option:

Filter Issues to show only hours logged in a particular time period 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can export your issues to a CSV file and use a spreadsheet software (Google sheets, Excel, etc) to properly separate the work logged on a specific time range.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events