How to switch the geolocation of cloud instance

Ron _3DIT_ March 6, 2019

Currently every request for assets of the JIRA platform (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) are routed to ```https://jira-frontend-prod-us-1.us-east-1.prod.public.atl-paas.net/assets/``` despite our whole pool of users is connecting from Europe.

Is there any chance to relocate the content to a data center in Europe (Ireland)?

requests.png

2 answers

1 vote
Vasi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hey Ron,

So in general, we would have your instance of Jira/Confluence hosted in a region based on where you have the most usage from.

If you are saying that most of the users are connecting from Europe, I would suggest you to get in contact with Support to have this checked.
Having said that, we cannot guarantee that your content can be permanently moved to a certain location. It will always depend on usage location.

Hope this helps!
Vasily

Allan Ross April 6, 2020

Got redirected here when submitting a question about geolocation. Our company is in Canada and not only do I want our data to be housed in Canada, I need a guarantee it will stay there. With government and military contracts, compliance requirements demand it. 

I am not comfortable with this answer at all. If you can't guarantee our data stays in Canada, our cloud trial just stopped before it got started. Is there no way to ensure our data stays where we want it?

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

Hi @Ron _3DIT_ and @Allan Ross  ,

Just recently Atlassian announced at the 2020 remote summit that they will be offering cloud instances in specific regions.  The new offer is here: https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/cloud .  However I think the offer is still in the making, and probably not all (meta) data will be kept in a specific region.

So probably your best bet right now is to us an on-premise instance.

Suggest an answer