How to decide target server specifications based on source server?

Shanmuka December 6, 2021

We are in the process of setting up test instances for our current production instances. What are the factors we need to consider a part from home directory size and DB size while setting up testing instance. I searched document but couldn't get complete idea. can anyone please let me know.

1. For one testing instance , Source is server and target is server.

2. For other testing instance , Source is cloud and target is cloud.

Thanks,

Shan

2 answers

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Shanmuka 

I would keep my test instance with same configurations as production. Except file storage, you may not want to keep all the attachments from production.

Ravi

Shanmuka December 6, 2021

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Thanks for your reply. may I know the reason behind leaving  attachments from production. since we will do same upgradation/migration again in production after testing here.

Thanks,

Shanmuka

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Shanmuka ,

You may need to consider RAM, CPUs and diskspace for server installations. Based on the RAM tweak your JVM to ensure you do not end up with OutofMemory error. OS and DB compatibility are also be considered.

For Cloud, home diretory and DB size are good pointers. If it is Atlassian cloud, I would recommend to connect with Atlassian team on sizing.

Suggest an answer