Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How is the 'median' on the Control Chart calculated?

Hi community,

I'm currently studying for ACP-300 exam and i would like to figure out how the 'median' on the Control Chart is calculated.

Could someone further explain me what is the purpose of the meadian time and the differences with the average time also displayed in the chart?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry Community Leader Aug 01, 2019

Hi @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ ,

median time and average time are calculated from the same pool of issues. Each issue will come up with a time spent "working on it", i.e. time spent in the selected columns/statuses. Then the formulas are applied to the scope and you get the median and average values. It is just different ways of interpreting data.

Antoine

All clear, thanks for your kind response.

Like Antoine Berry likes this

Does average mean the average time it takes for a ticket to go from start to done?  I understand median would be the preferred "average" if the there were a lot of variation or noise in the data, or simply if the standard deviation was larger than say 1?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you