How do I link 100+ issues with another Project's Story?

rachanajhunjhunwala August 7, 2022

I am trying to link 100+ issues from different project in to other project's story. Is there a way to bulk link them?

1 answer

0 votes
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Hi @rachanajhunjhunwala,

Yes, you can do bulk linking (but with few limitations). Once you are on the story, click on More --> Link --> Choose the exact linking relationship under "this issue" field --> Under "issue" field, click on "search for an issue" --> In the popup that opens, click on "advanced search" next to search button --> type/enter the JQL fetching the issues to be linked and hit search option --> select the issues.

The only limitation here is that you can select a maximum of 10 issues at one go. So, for the 100+ issues, you'll need to repeat this 10+ times. But considering the option of linking each issue one-by-one, this option is a far better solution.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

rachanajhunjhunwala August 8, 2022

HI, Thanks for your help, but still cant figure it out. My project is a business project and not able to find all the steps (Advanced search). can you please add screenshots step by step? Please. Thanks in advance. 

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

While I couldn't attach supporting screenshots from my current Jira instance, I was able to find a related solution with screenshots.

Please check https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Bulk-change-of-issue-link-types/qaq-p/1198799

Suggest an answer