How can i do this with a bulk change?

6 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gustav L_Estrade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi Roman.

I am not aware of a way of bulk changing issue links. Although there is an option that is similar. It is possible to link multiple issues to another issue at the same time. At the "normal" link window there is the possibility to search for issues.

image.png

There you get an option to make an advanced search using JQL. After searching with JQL you can select multiple issues to link. 

image.png

Then press "Add", and now you can link them all to the original issue. 

There is a limitation to this solution. You can only link 10 issues at a time, so a big bulk-operation can not be substituted. 

A workaround to the limitation is to run a filter from issue navigator, export all issue keys to Excel, paste the issue keys in a note, exchange the newlines with spaces or tabs and then paste it into the issue field on the link-view.

Hope this helps and good luck with your bulk-problem!

Deleted user October 10, 2019

Thanks

Like Gustav L_Estrade likes this
silitok August 20, 2020

Great! This was very helpful ;)

Hi,

What's that mean "normal link window"?

I can't find this one

Melody KirkWagner May 22, 2023

Thank you!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hello @[deleted] ,

It seems that this feature is not supported yet. You can vote for it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-2428

10 votes
mochadwi November 2, 2021

For recent Jira (writing this on 2021) Linked Issues a bit different (at least in our case we need to go through no. 1):

1. You need to JQL for your own Jira Ticket (that wants to linked with multiple issue)
  2. Right-click the three-dots menu and choose Link
  3. It'll prompt you to search issue with simple or advanced search (JQL)
  4. Choose your desired issues
  5. Click Add

See below images for references:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.49.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.51.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.51.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.51.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.52.01 PM.png

Peter McIntyre January 9, 2022

the "Link" option doesn't show for me (there's lots of options if you scroll the menu, but no "Link")

jira.png

also:

Right-click the three-dots menu and choose Link

Right-click opens up a chrome menu, i think you mean left-click

Deleted user February 15, 2022

@Peter McIntyre make sure you're opening the menu on JIRA Issue Navigator rather than the Issue side bar 

Shahrzad Shariati August 2, 2022

Where is the Jira Issue Navigator? Can you include a snapshot? I am unable to find the "link" option as well.

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2023

@Shahrzad Shariati : you can use the regular "Link" button in the ticket as well. 

The Jira Issue Navigator is basically the view in which you get shown multiple issues. For example by opening Issues -> Search for Issues.

Emir Sator February 9, 2023

@Shahrzad Shariati 

You have to click on "Advanced issue search"
image.png

Find the issue on which you want to add those links.

Once you click on "...", you should have Link button

image.png

Next is to click on "Search for an issue"

image.png

Click on "Advanced", enter you JQL and hit search (loop icon).

image.png

Once you do that, all items will be listed with the checkbox to select.
Just select and click Add!

image.png
Cheers!

P.S.
I also don't have "Link" button when I click on "..." in regular search (the one that you see once you click on the project).

Emir Sator February 9, 2023

I have just realized that it only displays 10 items... 

Update:

We could adjust JQL to get items that are not linked with the "parent" item.

project = QB63 AND issuetype = Task AND linkedIssue NOT IN linkedIssues("QB63-158")

Still, we have to do 10 by 10... 10 times better than doing 1 by 1 :D 

Like Avinash Seelam likes this
Sergey Shoshin April 7, 2023

@Emir Sator You can set a breakpoint in Dev Tools and change request from 10 to 200. It will return more:Screenshot at Apr 07 17-01-09.png

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

We also struggled with the bulk link problem. That is why we created the free plugin for that - Issue Link Manager. I hope for your feedback after trying it. 

Best regards, 
Jarek

0 votes
Geetanjali Sharma July 25, 2022

@mochadwi At the max how many issue can we link. Any idea?

0 votes
Kamel Meftah November 13, 2021

Faced this scenario today in Jira Cloud, and solved it by using Jira automations

Sigrid Schoepel December 9, 2022

Please share how you did it. Was it an automatically run macro or manual in each issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events