How do I hide some request types from certain portal customers?

Nathan Given September 11, 2019

We are using Jira Service Desk for our internal IT Help Desk.

One of our departments, HR, wants to be able to create a "Employee Termination" request that will go to IT and IT would then disable the accounts and associated assets.

But the HR department doesn't want everyone to be able to create this type of request, only them.

I've been trying to figure out how to limit a request to a certain group of people, but I'm not finding that capability.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

The simple no cost solution is to give HR their own project

3 votes
Sudhir_Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Hi @Nathan Given

With the help of Extension for Jira Service Desk app, you can configure the request type visibility for the customers.

Please find below document for your reference on configuration level.https://deviniti.com/support/addon/server/extension/latest/request-types-visibility/

Regards,
Sudhir

Fernanda de Souza Thaumaturgo September 16, 2019

This comment was very helpful, but this only works for Jira Service Desk Server version =(

The Cloud version does not allow you to configure request type visibility for customers.

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this

Suggest an answer