It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I edit default assignee for a project in Jira Cloud?

Tomas Gabian Sep 07, 2018

Hello. I'm trying to edit the default assignee but can't seem to figure out how. From what I've read, there should be an edit button right next to the field itself (In project settings, details tab, right at the bottom under Project Lead) but there isn't.

I've also searched around to see if its some configuration problem (global or otherwise), can't seem to find anything related to that. My best guess is that the global configuration "Allow unassigned issues" is somehow interfering with this, or that for some reason this is disabled in Jira cloud (though I remember being able to change this in another instance, but I could be wrong on that)

Thanks.

1 answer

Tomas Gabian Sep 07, 2018 • edited

Thanks for the reply!

1. There is, but its there as a temporary workaround for this issue, and projects without this post function have the same problem.

2. Not sure what you mean by this, but: I can't change the default assignee on any project, even ones without components. Project lead is currently set as default assignee.

Yogesh Mude Sep 07, 2018

HI @Tomas Gabian

There was my mistake...the previous answers for changing default assignee to Issues but not for Project.

So please have a look at the above-provided articles link.

Tomas Gabian Sep 07, 2018

I have, thank you. For anyone reading this, it seems this is impossible, for now.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,436 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you