Does JIRA support version control for the fields/forms?

Gurpreet Singh March 16, 2022

Hello All,

We are working in Medical domain regulated by FDA. We are using JIRA for lot of our QMS processes.

I am just windering if there is a way to do "version control" in JIRA for custom fields/screens/forms.

For examaple, the intial configured screen/form is at version 1. If I add or remove a custom field on screen/form, ideally that is version 2.

Does JIRA capture that in anyway? History for the change between v1 and v2?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Short answer is no, fields are not version controlled.

Is there any 3rd party plugin that will serve the purpose? Thanks

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

salto.io allows you to version control your changes in Jira.

Great, thanks. I will reach out to them.

Gurpreet Singh April 6, 2022

Salto.io does not have a clean version control just like confluence for example. Any other app that helps do version control in JIRA?

Thanks

Dhanya Himaja Lingumgunta April 17, 2023

@Gurpreet Singh were you successful in finding a way to do version control in JIRA for  custom fields/screens/forms/workflows ?

Sagi Bracha Salto_io June 12, 2023

@Dhanya Himaja Lingumgunta I'd recommend checking Salto.io if you haven't tried it yet. We support all the configuration elements mentioned in your comment and we allow you to document them to Git on a deployment basis. 

Suggest an answer