It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot assiciate issue type to workflow

HI

I am trying to associate my issue types to different workflows on the Workflow Scheme configuration page in JIRA Settings.

However, it gives the error <No issue type existing with ID 10305>

How to interprete this error message and how to solve the problem?

I have tried to remove the issue types and recreate them again but always get the same error message. 

Thanks heaps for assisting!

Nancy

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 25, 2019

can you provide more info? One thought is that you have duplicate issue types (by name) and it is referencing the 'wrong' one for the project. what is the issue type that is giving you the error? can you determine if you have duplicates by going to Jira settings > Issue types? While there inspect the issue type in question to make sure everything looks proper.

Hi Jack

I can exclude the option of duplicates- I named them all individually. Note, the issue types have all been created manually since I am running this as a pilot/poc while we also have an active project on the same instance.

So I created 2 POC projects with corresponding issues types and workflows. I do get the same error messages for all the remaining 4 unassociated issue types.

I really don't know what to do? Start from scratch but where?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

365 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you