Cannot assiciate issue type to workflow

Nancy Sommer October 25, 2019

HI

I am trying to associate my issue types to different workflows on the Workflow Scheme configuration page in JIRA Settings.

However, it gives the error <No issue type existing with ID 10305>

How to interprete this error message and how to solve the problem?

I have tried to remove the issue types and recreate them again but always get the same error message. 

Thanks heaps for assisting!

Nancy

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

can you provide more info? One thought is that you have duplicate issue types (by name) and it is referencing the 'wrong' one for the project. what is the issue type that is giving you the error? can you determine if you have duplicates by going to Jira settings > Issue types? While there inspect the issue type in question to make sure everything looks proper.

Nancy Sommer October 25, 2019

Hi Jack

I can exclude the option of duplicates- I named them all individually. Note, the issue types have all been created manually since I am running this as a pilot/poc while we also have an active project on the same instance.

So I created 2 POC projects with corresponding issues types and workflows. I do get the same error messages for all the remaining 4 unassociated issue types.

I really don't know what to do? Start from scratch but where?

Suggest an answer