Can't link a "task" issue to an epic - team managed project

Neda Sayan May 2, 2022

Hi,

I have a team-managed project in jira cloud. Created an Epic ( EP-1), then I created a Task, and was looking for a "Epic" link in create issue , and was not able to see it. 

Wondering why I am not able to see the Epic , in create issue for the task???

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Neda Sayan May 2, 2022

thankyou @David Bakkers , I do not see the parent link, when I create an issue. It allows me to link the issue but the link type is "Blocked" or "Related to",... things like that , none says "Parent". ? this is missing from list of selections .. wondering if this is removed ?!

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

I get a feeling you are not talking about accessing the Epic Link field via the REST API or a toolset, which that article I linked to discussed, but that you can't see the Epic Link field on any of the screens of the Task issue via the web UI, like this:

Task linked to Epic.png

If this is correct, then that is because that feature is not a available in Team Managed Projects, only Company Managed Projects.

Refer to this prior question or this prior question on the same topic, or just Google "jira team managed project epic link" for more of the same answers.

Neda Sayan May 2, 2022

thankyou @David Bakkers for your help

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

Hello @Neda Sayan 

Access to the Epic Link field via the REST API and webhooks was deprecated in November last year and replaced with Parent Link.

Refer to this article.

Suggest an answer