Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can't link a "task" issue to an epic - team managed project

Hi,

I have a team-managed project in jira cloud. Created an Epic ( EP-1), then I created a Task, and was looking for a "Epic" link in create issue , and was not able to see it. 

Wondering why I am not able to see the Epic , in create issue for the task???

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

thankyou @David Bakkers , I do not see the parent link, when I create an issue. It allows me to link the issue but the link type is "Blocked" or "Related to",... things like that , none says "Parent". ? this is missing from list of selections .. wondering if this is removed ?!

I get a feeling you are not talking about accessing the Epic Link field via the REST API or a toolset, which that article I linked to discussed, but that you can't see the Epic Link field on any of the screens of the Task issue via the web UI, like this:

Task linked to Epic.png

If this is correct, then that is because that feature is not a available in Team Managed Projects, only Company Managed Projects.

Refer to this prior question or this prior question on the same topic, or just Google "jira team managed project epic link" for more of the same answers.

thankyou @David Bakkers for your help

Hello @Neda Sayan 

Access to the Epic Link field via the REST API and webhooks was deprecated in November last year and replaced with Parent Link.

Refer to this article.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you