Breaking the inheritance of child objects

Stefan Schumacher June 20, 2022

Hi community,

I have a question about inheritance and how to get rid of it :-).

In a test schema a colleague setup the object types as seen in the screenshot. I understand the use of inheritance, but I wonder if there is a way to get rid of it in case it is accidently set.

If I go to "Object type" - "Configure" on the "Hersteller Kontakte" level, and try to uncheck the inheritance setting, I get the message "Not possible to break inheritance at this level."

If I go to "Object type" - "Configure" on the "Hersteller" level, and try to uncheck the inheritance setting, I get the message "Not possible to remove inheritance when child object types already exists."

The first message suggests it is possible somewhere else, the second seems to not allow it at all. Do I have to delete all child objects to uncheck this box, or is there a different place to do so?

Regards,

Stefan

inheritance.png

1 answer

0 votes
karel_mellen June 20, 2022

Hi Stefan,

Maybe you could create a new attribute on the child object type, copy the old attribute values through a custom (Insight) automation into the newly created (non inherited) attribute so you can then get rid of the old attribute?

Best,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events