It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatic assign an issue when changing status

I'm using Jira Agile OnDemand and I have a sprint board with for columns. I would like all the issue transitioned from "In Progress" to "QA" to be automatically assigned to a specific user. Is that possible?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Yes, you can add the "Update Issue Field" post function in the appropriate workflow transition and change the assignee value to that specific user.

hello, can I set this to assign to the reporter of the fault? WHen an issue is passed into feedback I want it to go back to the reporter to verfiy the fix or provide more info

Exactly. You can define the assignee field to be assigned to the reporter on workflow transition.

if i add this post function how would system know whom to assign the issue?

How to DO it ? Where can read abut "Update Issue Field" post function ?

@Aamer Inam: M-3521 you can select the person whom you want to assign for him. 

Looking at the post function, the "add post function" is greyed out and I am logged in as Admin.

Never mind, user error... I thought I was in "Edit" but then I was not! :-()

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Keep your team in the loop with Team @mentions in Jira Software!

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny, a Product Manager at Atlassian. After launching Team @mentions in Confluence, we heard a lot of positive feedback from customers that they love how easy it is to @men...

418 views 5 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you