Automatic assign an issue when changing status

I'm using Jira Agile OnDemand and I have a sprint board with for columns. I would like all the issue transitioned from "In Progress" to "QA" to be automatically assigned to a specific user. Is that possible?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, you can add the "Update Issue Field" post function in the appropriate workflow transition and change the assignee value to that specific user.

hello, can I set this to assign to the reporter of the fault? WHen an issue is passed into feedback I want it to go back to the reporter to verfiy the fix or provide more info

Exactly. You can define the assignee field to be assigned to the reporter on workflow transition.

if i add this post function how would system know whom to assign the issue?

How to DO it ? Where can read abut "Update Issue Field" post function ?

@aamer.inam you can select the person whom you want to assign for him. 

Looking at the post function, the "add post function" is greyed out and I am logged in as Admin.

Never mind, user error... I thought I was in "Edit" but then I was not! :-()

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

139 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you