Approvals without being able to select self

Renato Osorio May 23, 2021

Hi all, 

I have found a way to limit some approvals to a set number of managers, HoDs and Leadership. Which is great via the "user filtering" and then selecting a relevant group. 

Now the problem comes in when one of those people raise a request and they are on the approver list (our internal systems allows managers to raise a request then ask the HoD for approval) however, it has come to my attention that that manager is putting themselves as the approver, approving it and then getting the item paid.

What's the best way for me to make this list dynamic? For example,

let's say I put in a request, I am a manager, I want to go through this list but not see my name. Is there a way? If so can someone advise the best way to make this dynamic and when I add new managers to this group then it always stays up to date?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

@Renato Osorio You would need to use an app for that or use an app that validates it.  I would suggest correcting the bad behavior of your managers as the solution and just creating a report that flags these items in Jira you could then deny them.  Or add an automation that does it automatically if this occurs.  That would not require an app.

Suggest an answer