Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test case management and testing using JIRA+Bamboo or JIRA+Zephyr

hiba zubair August 15, 2017

Test case management and testing using JIRA+Bamboo or JIRA+Zephyr              secondly if i use any of the options then do i need to use a spearate  testing tool specific to the application?

4 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

It's possible.  But Bamboo and Zephyr are totally different things, and not really alternatives to each other.

Bamboo is a Continuous Integration build server - it's main function is to build code.  Of course, every good build server runs automated testing against the build as well.

Zephyr is a test management tool.

So, the answer is not really Bamboo or Zephyr, it's probably Bamboo AND Zephyr.

Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

If you are looking for a test case management plugin for JIRA, it may worth to have a look at SynapseRT. It can organize your test cases as a TREE (folder) strucure. It also has some integration with Bamboo to make your automation easier. 

If you are interested in it, you can book a demo here

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

Ok thanks for the input can you tell that zephyr supports which application platfroms??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2017

Zephyr might be used in two forms - a server (with an add-on that helps it work with JIRA) and an add-on which runs completely inside JIRA.

which one is good addon or completely inside jira?? 

Secondly what applications are ok to test with it web based, desktop based etc. ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2017

Personally, I'd use other add-ons and test tools.  You asked specifically about Zephyr, so I assumed you had already selected it, and knew what it could do.

You can use it to manage test cases for all sorts of stuff.

But it is *not* an automated testing tool.  It's a test case management tool

do i  need to use anoother testing tool with zephyr for testing like selenium etc.??

hiba zubair August 16, 2017

ok have studied about it thanks for the input.

Would any body tell how to install it and integrate with jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

As I already said, Zephyr is for test case management, it is not an automated test tool.

You have not told us whether you're installing Zephyr with an add-on for JIRA to help them talk, or just the Zephyr add-on for JIRA.

If it's the first, then consult the installation docs for Zephyr server.  For both types of add-on, use "admin -> find add-ons  -> Zephyr" and click "install"

Mailys August 16, 2017

Another test management tool you can connect with Jira is Squash TM where you can manage your requirements, tests cases and executions through folders. It is actually pretty easy to use, especially for multi-projects use. If you are looking for a test automation management tool, Squash TM also comes with additional plugins and tools to manage your automated tests.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events