Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search for issues without a TEST in JIRA XRAY

YakhlafY November 9, 2017

hello , 

is it possible to search for all issues whitout a PPTEST (test) using JGL ? i try with this query but without a result 

Sprint in (openSprints()) AND project = Proj AND status = "completed" and  issue in testsWithoutTestExecution().

3 comments

Comment

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

I just had a quick look at the available JQL queries in the Xray documentation and the explanation of that function. Will just using the query issue in testsWithoutTestExecution() show issues meeting your criteria or are you failing the prerequisites of "Tests that are not associated with a Test Execution to be executed" somehow in general?

Like Dave Liao likes this
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2018

Hi,

Could you please elaborate the question a bit more? When your referring to an "issue without test" do you mean Uncovered requirements? Or Tests without executions/runs?

You can also open a ticket in the support channel with this issue. Feel free to add screenshots to explain it.

Best regards,

Xpand Add-ons Team

Like Dave Liao likes this
YakhlafY February 2, 2018

Hello , thank you for your response , i mean that an Issue do not contain a Test case

Like ozone0644 likes this
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2018

Hi, we're happy to help you.

This should help you achieve the results your looking for:

issue in requirements("UNCOVERED")

or

issue in requirements("UNCOVERED", "PROJECT-KEY")

More information regarding "Enhanced querying with JQL" can be found in:

https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Enhanced+querying+with+JQL

Best regards,

Xpand Add-ons Team

karim -Atlassway-
Marketplace Partner
May 4, 2020

Hello @José Domingues [Xray] 

I tested this JQL but it doesn't work : issue in requirements("UNCOVERED")

Error : not found jql function requirements(UNCOVERED)'.

Regards

Karim

Daniel Mladek May 30, 2021

Hi there, I think I'm trying to query our cloud Jira v8.13.0 in similar way to find out which issues (in TEST column on our Jira board) are not associated with the test execution).

Querying Issues by issueLinkType doesn't work, as the "Affected test execution of..." issue link type is not a standard issue link type which means you cannot link the Test ticket to it from the issue itself. 

JiraAffectsTestExecution.png

The only way how to add that link is  goto the Test Cycle, find the Test ticket (Zephyr for Jira), and either enter it into the defects fields or additionally in the new (or existing) Execution, and after that i is done you can finally see the test ticket to be linked under the work issue.

JiraZephyr.png

My Jira query looks something like this:

project = "VW" AND type != Test AND status in (Test, Testing) AND Sprint in (openSprints()) AND "Testing Required" = Yes

But it list all ticket awaiting testing, but I'm interested for the ones which are missing the test execution linkage.

The other proposed query:

issue in testsWithoutExecution("VW")

pretty much gives me the list of all unexecuted tests

I dunno how I can query for those issues awaiting testing, but without associated test.

The last thing I can share is how that appears as the rendered source-code:

JiraCustomF.png

Any help would be highly appreciated including some howto use JS console to query Jira directly.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events