resolution is showing with tick mark with all status

Priyanka Mishra October 12, 2022

Hello,

I'm facing one issue, when i put the final status -UAT Ready or Closed which in done status by default, i get resolution filed near to status with tick mark , and when i am trying to roll back to any other status , this tick mark with resolution always showing with all status which i don't need, I need to only resolution for closed /UAT ready status, 

also i see few of status automatically showing strike on ticket for other statuses like 'Awaiting testing' and ' In Testing'  which i also don't want 

Please help me on it 

Thanks 

3 comments

Comment

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2022

Hi @Priyanka Mishra 

There could be a post function updating the resolution on those transitions or in your agile board's column mapping the checkbox to set resolution is checked.

Ravi

Like Priyanka Mishra likes this
Priyanka Mishra October 12, 2022

Thanks Ravi for prompt response, i am not seeing checkbox field in column mapping , may be its not in JIRA cloud, 

Burak Bal October 12, 2022

Hi Priyanka,

When you resolve an issue, the resolution field is update with any resolution value. This means, the issue was resolved. And you want to go back, examples Done to Open, you need to clear the resolution field with post function or automation. If you don't, even issue is in Open, it appears like its resolved. 

Please check and update your post function includes resolution updating.

Priyanka Mishra October 13, 2022

Thanks Burak, yes it works, you have resolved my big headache :-) 

Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2022

The resolution and status are totally independent of each other in the code, it is up to your admins to determine how they work best together for your process.

The strike-through happens when the resolution is set. 

You set the resolution by having it on a create, edit, or transition screen (hint - never put is on create or edit - you don't want new issues to be created as already resolved, nor have simple edits set the resolution).  Or you can set it in a post-function on the workflow when moving it from one status to another.

You can also clear it out with post-functions.

My guesses are:

that your workflow does not clear the resolution when re-opening your issues.

that someone has a resolution field on a create or edit screen for the awaiting or testing 

(You can also set and clear it with automation or listeners, but these are clumsy because they run outside the workflow, and the workflow is the best place to do it, because it's the thing determining the route through the process)

Priyanka Mishra October 13, 2022

Thanks Nic, Yes after setting resolution field 'None' it cleared when i rolled back 

Best,

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events