need some informational text on transition screens

Joe Harmon February 23, 2021

I have a workflow that pops up screens with required information at each transition.  During several of those transitions I need to prompt for specific attachments to be added.  The problem is that the attachment field can only have one description per project (as far as I know).  So I want to be able to add some information text saying, attach the following files, and then providing a list.  I have read that there is a message field in jira that will allow for optional text on a screen, but it has never worked for me.  No matter what I put in the message field name, description, or default value, nothing ever shows up on the transition screens (or anywhere else for that matter).  Any ideas?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2021

Are you talking about the "message fields" from the Jira Toolkit?

If so, how are you configuring the field you are setting up?

Joe Harmon February 28, 2021

Yes I am talking about those fields.  I have that field being added to a transition screen.  I have the summary, description, and default value configured with just plain text.  Doesn't show up on any of the screens, meaning transition screen, edit screen, view screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Apologies for the delay in replying - had this open on a computer that I didn't take with me to my family emergency, and only just opened it up again!

Let's concentrate on a single place, let's forget view/edit for now.  Have you set up the below?  (I'm using example text for names and content, obviously replace it with what you want to say)

• A custom field
    • Type: Message field (for Edit)
    • Name: Attachment instructions
    • Default value:  Please add the attahcments for stuff
  • A screen
    • Name: An obvious transitional screen
    • Fields: at least "Attachment instructions"
  • A workflow
    • Simply including the transition screen above

This has thrown up text on the transition screen for me, both on server and cloud Jira systems.

Joe Harmon March 18, 2021

Thanks for the clarification Nic on the message field being (for Edit).  That is what the issue was.  I was using the (for View) and it wasn't working.  Once I switched to the type it worked.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events