Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira test execution fields automation

Vasu_Repaka May 1, 2020

Im trying to automate updating the Zephyr test case status to PASS/FAIL

Can someone please help me to figure out how to get the field names of Test Cycle/Status/Version of a particular Test case??

1 comment

Comment

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

@Vasu_Repaka ,

You should pick any execution on your instance and go to the execution page. There you should be able to get the IDs in the URL. I am just adding a sample from my setup.

API.png

Vasu_Repaka May 2, 2020

@Bibek Behera   - Thank you.

Actually following is the way i would like to update my test case

Sample code:

Issue issue = jira.getIssue("TA-1"); (here jira is an object of JiraClient)
issue.addComment("");
issue.createSubtask();

If you see i could able to access all the fields like commenting on the test case(TA-1), creating a sub-task for the same and etc

But here i dint find any relevant method to make my test execution status to change. I don't want to use the rest api calls to make this possible.

Any suggestions please?

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2020

@Vasu_Repaka ,

With out using the ZAPIs it would not be possible as the execution details are plugin specific, which can't be assessed via JIRA's native methods.

-Bibek 

Vasu_Repaka May 23, 2020

@Bibek_Behera - Yes, understood now. I'm very new to API testing. Ill try to explore on the same.

If you can share any sample code on this will really helps me.

Thank you for your time.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events