inquiry on the 3 features available in the JMWE add-on

ravikiran.hiremath May 8, 2019

Hi team,

i have installed the add-on called JMWE (Jira Misc Workflow Extensions) the add-on for Jira Cloud.

i was testing the features available in post-functions and was unable to understand the 3 features available in that add-on.

1> Transition current issue

2> Transition linked issues

3> Transition parent issue 

i tried to search the use case and examples regarding these 3 features so that we could use the same in our JIRA instance.

it would be of great help if you could let us know more about these 3 features with example.

1 comment

Comment

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2019

Hi,

did you read the JMWE for Jira Cloud documentation? In particular, for these post-functions, https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/x/SoCcBQ and the following pages?

There are also sample use cases here: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWEC/pages/94863380/Use+cases+for+the+post-functions#Usecasesforthepost-functions-Transitionissue

ravikiran.hiremath May 8, 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the links, I am new to JIRA.

I referred those links, it gives the steps on configuring the features of the add-on but does not explain or does not give the example of the functionality.

It would be great if you could give an example on the usage of those 3 features so that we can test accordingly from our end.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2019

Do you know anything about how workflows are configured in Jira? The notion of transitions, post-functions, conditions, etc.? This is a requirement for modifying workflows, using JMWE or any other app.

The Transition Current/Parent/Linked Issues post-functions allow you to automatically trigger a named transition on the current issue, the current issue's parent issue, or issues linked to the current issue, during the execution of a transition. I'm not sure how else to explain this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events