how can I add a fielder to my project? 

i mean customer fielder 

thanks 

3 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

@Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad Hey, Mohamad! I'm going to move this post to the Jira collection, so that you can get the best possible answers.

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Erica Moss ,

I think something went wrong here. My comment that I actually posted as an answer to this post got moved to the Jira collection: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Hi-Mohamad-Are-you-using-the-on-premise-or-the-cloud-dep/td-p/1225915

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2019

@Daniel Fietta Oh my gosh, you're right! My apologies. If you don't mind re-posting here, I can delete the new thread it created.

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2019

@Erica Moss Done, you can delete the other thread.

Thanks!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2019

Hi @Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad,

Are you using the on-premise or the cloud deployment?

You usually have to be a Jira admin to do so. Go to the global Jira administration -> Issues -> Custom Fields. There you can select the type of custom field you need. After creating the field, you can add it to a screen that is assigned to the screen scheme and issue screen scheme of your project.

If you are using a next-gen project on Jira cloud, you could also create new custom fields as a project admin.

This documentation will help as well: Adding Jira custom fields 

Regards,
Daniel

Like # people like this
Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad November 13, 2019

Thank you @Daniel Fietta @Erica Moss  

Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad November 13, 2019

I'm already an administrator and we use in our project cloud but still I can not add a field, you have an idea still maybe light 

I thank you in advance

@Daniel Fietta 

@Erica Moss 

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2019

Hi @Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad 

Is your problem that you can't create a custom field or that you don't know how to add an existing custom field to an issue screen?

Like Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad likes this
Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad November 14, 2019

no .. my problem that i can,t  see Option to creat cutom field !! and i am already Admin 

I tried and searched and still i can not found it 

thanks alot 

@Daniel Fietta  

Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad November 14, 2019

I know how can I add a field but I can not see the option .. 

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2019

@Mohamad_Alhaj_Mohamad ,

Are you talking about a classic or a next-gen project?

For a classic project: go to Jira Settings -> Issues -> Custom Fields -> "Add custom field" button in the top right corner.

For a next-gen project: go to Project Settings -> Issue Types -> Create a custom field by selecting a custom field type from the right-hand side of the screen.

Best,
Daniel
STAGIL 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events