comparison of features of Software project and Business project (work management / core)

Klára Zikešová July 20, 2022

Hi, enclosing nice comparison table of features of SW vs. Business project made by our client from "business" perspective. Do you agree with statements? No matter if Atlassian experts or users... We would appreciate your feedback.

We went through this during decission process what type of project shall we create for the purposes of their team when there are both types of templates in Jira Software available...

Thanks, Klarabu vs sw.PNG

4 comments

Comment

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2022

Hi @Klára Zikešová

this is a great list, thanks for sharing.

One thing that I would add is that many of the features that are specific to Jira Work Management can easily be added to Jira Software projects through the Atlassian Marketplace.

As examples, if you're looking for a calendar view, you could check out Calendar for Jira. If you're looking for an interactive list/table view on your issues, you might like JXL for Jira:

assignee-grouping-completion.gif

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL.)

There's also a number of Form apps but I haven't tried them myself.

Best,

Hannes

Like Klára Zikešová likes this
Jira newbie September 27, 2022

Hi,

I was looking for that. Some questions, that table applies to Cloud or on premise?. In the past I think customizable workflows were not available in Business projects. Would it be possible to confirm that now is possible?

Thanks a lot in advanced,

Javi

Klára Zikešová October 13, 2022

This particular comparison was being searched on cloud. K.

Marcelo Calado February 9, 2023

Another difference is that in the Business project type, the Development fields (integrated from version control such as GitHub) will not work. It works when using the project type Software.

Peter Jones March 1, 2023

Hi,

I also miss the handling of releases!

Yes, I see that a release in software terms is all about delivery of software to a platform, however, I can also see benefit in tracking progress towards the delivery of some business functionality from a pure business perspective. 

We can create / manage releases in the project (this is okay but not so intuitive for less technical users) but we miss the "Releases" drill down functionality on the right of the window.

Pete

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events