Working with SAFe 5.0 with Jira

srikrishnap February 28, 2020

We are looking to implement PI planning with SAFe. I understand Jira doesn't have Features and EPIC relationship out of the box. Are there plugins or special way to accomplish this ? Any suggestions most welcome.

5 comments

Comment

Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 29, 2020

Have a look at Agile Hive - https://agile-hive.com/ - its a full SAFe solution for Jira.

Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2020
srikrishnap March 2, 2020

Thanks Mike. Do you need both Bigpicture and Structure ? 

Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

@srikrishnap you can use one or the other. You can try Easy Agile

as @Philip Heijkoop _ALM Works_  mentioned. Most important is that you find the right solution that fullfill your need. One of my client is 5000+ users and they choose Structure.

Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2020

Hi @srikrishnap 

Please, have a look at a white paper on how to implement SAFe with BigPicture https://softwareplant.com/safe/

BigPicture 8, to debut in May 2020, takes the agility at scale to the next level https://softwareplant.com/bigpicture-eight/

Philip Heijkoop _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
March 2, 2020

Hi @srikrishnap ,

Full disclosure, I work for the company that makes Structure. As @Magic Mike already mentioned, you have Structure as an option, but I would actually recommend another app. Easy Agile Programs was specifically designed to do PI planning (both co-located and distributed), so that would be my recommendation for PI planning.

You'll run into a variety of other questions too as you start to enable SAFe with your Jira instance. We've collected a host of resources on our SAFe landing page that are articles, partner resources, Atlassian's white paper, etc. We have a lot of experience helping companies and partners to successfully implement SAFe, so you're also always free to drop a line through our support channel with any additional resources.

Good luck!

Phil Heijkoop

ALM Works

Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
April 6, 2020

Choose a 'safe in uncertain times' PI Planning app. BigPicture is safe as it supports the whole spectrum - waterfall, hybrid, agile, and agile at scale (SAFe).

The all-in-one approach of BigPicture also means this: you get both graphical representation of your PIs in Board and Roadmap modules (the way Easy Agile built their app), as well as spreadsheet-like Overview and Scope modules (Structure's way). All this in a single app.

What will the way of doing business be in 10 years? Who can say? Choose an app that is safe in the long term.

BigPicture version 8 enhances PI planning - see the screen capture of the new Overview module here https://softwareplant.com/bigpicture8/. Version 8 also addresses the needs of those 5000+ user enterprises.

See Implementing SAFe in BigPicture whitepaper.

SMETTA Tripathy July 28, 2023

I don't have company email id how can I download safe 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events