Workflow status

Priyanka Jain Dilip May 22, 2019

Hi Team,

How can I include 2 All status in a workflow.

My Requirement is I need to map blocked to all status and all to blocked status in the workflow.

Need your input at the earliest. Thanks:-)

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2019

You have to create a shared transition for each status you want to be able to go to from anywhere.  Add a new transition to the workflow and select "all" in the "from" list

Priyanka Jain Dilip May 23, 2019

Hi Nic,

If you look at the image I was able to select "Allow all status to transition to this one" and hence it worked for All to Blocked status.

But the other way I wasn't able to do.Can you please is it possible to do the other way.

If yes can you please provide the steps for it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2019

What do you mean "the other way"?

From Blocked to All status.

In the above image I have manually linked Blocked to All the other status(such as New, Sprint Ready),but the workflow becomes clumsy.

I wasn't finding any option to link from Blocked to All status.

Andreas Testor May 23, 2019

there is no "to all status", only "from all status".

The workflow arrows have a start and an end. If you want a status to be reachable from any and all other status then you can attach the "all" start to a status. That way you don't need to draw a transition from all other status to your target status.

However, if you want an issue to go from "Blocked" to all other status, then you either

- draw a transition from "Blocked" to all other status as you did

- or you allow "All" to be the start for all the other status as well

The first means you have to draw a lot of transitions, the last means that any status can transition in any other transition and you won't need an elaborate workflow anymore because anything can go to anything.

Bottom line: you're already doing the right thing: you need to draw a lot of transitions.

Thanks Team, the explaination was really helpful.

Like Andreas Testor likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events