Workflow changes history

Monika Khassan February 7, 2018

How can I see the history of workflow changes? Not only the last action

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

I am not sure what you are asking, so two answers:

If you are asking about the issues going through the workflow, then the changes are all recorded on the issue's history

If you are asking about the administrators making changes to the workflow, then no history of that is kept unless they choose to keep copies of each workflow

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

Dear @Monika Khassan,

when you change a workflow you can make a backup of the wf before taking the modified workflow "live".

But in this step, Jira doesn't save the history of the workflow. You can save it manually by storing the backups, but you will not see the differences.

What you could do, is to export the workflow as an XML and store it in a VCS like 'svn' or 'git'. Then with the 'diff' commands, you can see and track the changes (history).

If somebody else changes the workflow, you have an entry in the issue history - but without seeing what changed in detail.

Fixing this for one customer, I implemented the upper solution, so that everybody could see what happened.

Do you need more information?

So long

Thomas

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro August 28, 2019

Dear @Thomas Deiler what is that mean when we see 

JIRA SA made changes?

The customer ask me Who is JIRA SA?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2019

It means you have a user labelled as JIRA SA - ask your administrators who they are.  (The SA suggests to me "system admin" or even a database user, but I would not bet on that before talking to your admins)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events