Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cells in a Jira Gantt Chard can not be programed as in an excel sheet?

Christian Silva May 15, 2020

I can not sum estimations from tasks to epics

I would like to have a total estimation per epic, but epics are not summing estimations from task and subtask, It has to be done manually and it is prone to error if I decide to change the estimation of any of the child task and subtask and if I forget to update manually the epic estimation as well

It is not a Jira automatic feature, How I can automate or program it? 

I would like to know how to do it, maybe the best example is when you are working in excel and you can add formulations to the cells and sum numeric values ​​from the cells

1 comment

Comment

Deleted user May 16, 2020

ciao @Christian Silva 

I tell you before that I haven't tried so I apologize if I'm giving you advice without showing you how to do it. But for your request I'd do this: I'd take this plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211836/automation-for-jira-server-lite?hosting=server&tab=overview which is free in its basic version and then I'd use it to make a manual rule for calculating the value of estimates in tasks (there's a specific rule that does a sort of "cycle for" on tasks of an epic). I hope to have given you some help in the meantime.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events