When will JIRA improve their default time tracking functionality?

Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2022

Hi, I am wondering it been so many years and JIRA still have not invested time in improving their initial time tracking functionality. You can enter only time spent , date and few more. So I am wondering why are they not investing in improving that? 

2 comments

Comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

From what I've seen, Atlassian will focus on particular features if it makes sense for the broader platform.  And, the way they do that is by acquiring the company that makes the leading solution (Marketplace app, technology, etc).

In this case, time tracking is ably handled by Tempo (full disclosure: I work for a Tempo partner) as well as other apps in the Atlassian Marketplace.  So, there's plenty of solutions out there to enhance OOTB time tracking capabilities.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

@Miron Ivano _Timescale_ ,

I wonder what improvements you are looking for?

From a JSM background entering time is often looked at as something that is a hassle and annoying.

Keeping it simple as Atlassian did with just "how many minutes/hours" did you spend is often already enough to calculate the effort that went in to resolving something.

If indeed you need to go further there are great apps and Atlassian tends to work with these app vendors and building out their offering (and eventually acquiring them) instead of re-inventing it from scratch.

but still, curious what improvements your are looking for!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events