What was your most positive discovery related to Jira in 2020?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi Community,

I've been thinking about year 2020 and all the new things I've discovered. But one thing surpasses the others and it is called Automation for Jira :-). In the beginning of the year I started to use server version and later the cloud version. There are so many possibilities, smart values, great audit log and notifications, when something goes wrong. You don't need any special skill to create new rule and I always find something new, when I use it. This is definitely something which make sense to me and I enjoy the work with it very much.

And what about you?

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

4 comments

Comment

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

that my boss finally decided to buy the gant addon we really needed for a better planning.

now, I need to play with it and test all the nice new features

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Yes, like unwrapping a Christmas present and enjoying every little detail :-)

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

I fully agree with you, Automation is revolutionary and adds so many needed features to Jira, it's also easy to work with!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

Hi @Hana Kučerová,

Often the most positive discoveries you do often follow moments of black snow and sorrow. The best thing related directly to the Jira product this year for me was the announcement of free Data Center Community licenses.

The news does not affect me personally, but we have several customers who do run their business on Community Server Licenses and would be in really great trouble without those. Seeing that mitigated came as a great relief.

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

Fully agree, this is really great.

I'm also curious, if there will be free cloud licenses for the partners, if they want to show something to the (potential) customers (i. e. something equivalent to the demonstration licenses, which are now available for server).

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Daniel Pollak December 21, 2020

Automation is great, especially if the admins are not developers ...

My personal highlight is Structure, a really good way to get an overview over what is happening without exporting to excel.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events