cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some critical plug in's you cant live with out

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

It seems to me that there are some basic features that are not integrated in Jira cloud which i can understand.    Scriptrunner plug-in seems to be one is one that i hear everyone talk about but have not used but would like to.  

My issue we are having is we are a company of over 300 Jira users for various software development projects, project management of large cross functional projects and just departmental projects.

Since im the only jira admin here and im looking to get my personal life back i wanted to pick the communities brain to see if there is a critical plug in that you use that you cant live without that has a justification for either making your job more efficient or a long term justification for what is can provide.

As general of a question that is, im really looking for peoples experiences with plug in that once you got it you were like, holy s**t this is unbelievable.  I know there are a ton out there but mainly looking from the jira admin side.

We are using the cloud solution so anything that can get me a damn view of the system logs will be a top option for me but with so many out there i felt i would start here while i research.

4 comments

Comment

Tal Levi January 26, 2019

Not sure if they're the 'holy s**t this is unbelievable' type, but the following have made our life a little simpler:

1. Jira admin side wise would be: Jira Misc Workflow Extensions - It helps to configure specific workflows.

For users

2. Slack Messages for Jira cloud - Everyone in my company hates mail, loves slack.

3. Reminders - If we need to ask someone about an issue, or to remember to test things on certain days.

4. Portfolio - We don't use it, but we'd like to when it will be improved. It displays the progress of all issues from all projects, which is more critical as the company gets bigger for management, team leads, and even personal use.

5. Smart Checklist - Allows breaking stories to point, which makes the issue more readable and easier to understand what was done / not.

There are more, but I think these are the main ones. Each company works differently so I would start by asking the users what they'd want that would make their lives much easier (Just send a google sheet or something to everyone, that's what we did) :) Good luck!

Like # people like this
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

Thank you for the information, i think step one is going to be sending out a spread sheet with a "What would you like" question.  Portfolio we did look into and is something I know we should look to integrate so ill get back to researching this product with our project leads.

We are migrating to slack next week so i'll well certainly get that set up as the Stride integration is a life saver right now.

Ill check out the Misc Workflow Extension as right now we have some complex work flows that took a good amount of time to build and i know we are going to need more complex one once we look to implement a new ERP.

Much appreciated for the information and use of these plug ins.

Like Tal Levi likes this
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2019

I can propose the Issue Checklist that we develop and use every day. 

It gives an ability to break down stories to lightweight tasks and track Definition of Done, Acceptance Criteria or simple ToDo items in the context of Jira issues. 

It also brings unique features like default checklist per project and issue type (so a created Bug can get automatically a checklist that is different from what Story gets), user mention, integration with automation tools and more

example.png

There are a few other apps that we use:

* Automation - helps to improve every single aspect of Jira workflow.

* Clockwork Automated Timesheets - automates time tracking and makes it precise and reliable.

Cheers,
Jack

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2019

We did standardize that we track all time management through the work log which has been working very well.  Now to make sure we can report off it is a different story :).  Im going to check out the issue check list  as i think this might be a good option for our software development team for a production readiness checklist.  Thanks for the information!  

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2019

When comes to time tracking, Clockwork records time in Jira worklog so it is available to both Jira and third-party add-ons. 

It works in the same way as standard Jira "Log Work" functionality, just in an automated and easier way. It also makes the time records more precise by removing the "I forgot to log work" or "I forgot how much time exactly I worked" factors.

Like Julian Governale likes this
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2019

Clockwork!! Man that is exactly what we were looking for!  This is a no brainer.  Thank you very much @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2019

Script Runner

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2019

This is the one i hear the most about and have been doing some research but havent found yet if script runner allows for you to access the cloud system log?  I know you can add code to for script logging but didn't see anything that indicated is have access to view the system logs.

Joshwa Marcalle
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2019
Like Julian Governale likes this
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2019

Recurring issues Jira Add-on might be the solution our robotic team is looking for.  Their sprints will consist of 70% of the same sub-task's and same stories.  Thank you @Joshwa Marcalle we're going to check this out.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events