What JIRA Plug-In can you not live without?

Peter DeWitt Community Champion Sep 22, 2017

Thought this might be a fun discussion and a way for community members to learn more about extending JIRA.  Add a comment below for the single plug-in you couldn't live without and add a bit about what it does that makes it so valuable for you.

1 comment

As an Adaptavist, (and a fan even if I'd not joined them), I am supposed to say Script Runner.

But, having been through hundreds of Jira systems, I can't identify one single add-on I *need* for all of them.  I always install the Calendar, Jira Toolkit, and Charts as a matter of course, but some installs could live without them.

The closest I can get to "single plugin" is actually four - I haven't found a single Jira that does not gain from having the advanced workflow and automation tools provided by ScriptRunner, Automation, Suite Utilities or Misc Workflow Extensions.  Generally, you only need one of them, and sometimes two.  But which one depends on the Jira and the users.

Comment

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,075 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot