Update a custom field on JIRA with commit messages from Bitbucket Edited

Hello everyone!

After an Issue was marked as Resolved (by a transition) on JIRA, I want to gather all pull requests texts and commit messages linked to that issue on Bitbucket and, then, update a custom issue field, called "Fix", so these texts could be found by a simple search in JIRA.

I think that by creating a plugin on JIRA, I could reach that.

Is that possible? Any ideas on how do I do that?

Thanks!

1 comment

You are trying to duplicate the information in Development Panel of an issue in the custom field? Any reason why you want to do that? You can see all that information in the development panel already, right?

If you must need it in the custom field, you should be able to make use of the same REST APIs used in the development panel to gather that information and populate the details in the custom field in any way you want.

Like 1 person likes this

Thanks Jobin!

Yes, we want to duplicate that information in JIRA, so it could be included in searchs by "contains text".

Do you think that I could reach that through a custom post function in the transition to "Done"? Or there's other way? How do I do that? Could you give me a simple guideline?

When I had worked on a gadget to display the same info, sometime back, there was no Java API available. I had to rely on the REST APIs to retrieve the info. It was easier too as I was working on the gadget.

You will have to probably use the same REST APIs to populate the information on a read only custom field's view template and see how that works.

Like 1 person likes this

Thanks! I will learn more about it.

Comment

Community showcase
Published Feb 13, 2019 in Jira

Make your Atlassian Cloud products more secure: our NEW admin security guide

Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...

776 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you