Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategies for managing operational and technical teams in Jira

Jordan Lampe December 13, 2018

Agile methodology has a universal appeal. It's why we're championing it to non-technical teams (e.g. legal, marketing, etc.) and inside our Programs (which we create individual Projects for). Admittedly, challenges exist when its applied to non-technical teams and then merging these with our more structured, disciplined and agile-experienced technical teams.

I've done some research on Agile for non-technical teams, but nothing out there seems to address the more tactical challenges presented nor does it discuss how to merge these nuanced differences with existing Jira ceremonies and artifacts (i.e. engineering's been using scrum for years).

A couple examples:

Kanban vs. Scrum: Our operational teams have a preference for Kanban and target dates. Technical team is Scrum with points. We have a need to represent an operational/technical roadmap,  capacity, and velocity to leadership. How do we merge these two very different methods / units of work to jive with Portfolio and generate a real-time roadmap?

One company, one sprint: We're a small enough company where we'd like to represent all work across all teams and Programs (which we create individual Scrum projects for). This looks fairly documented, but requires a lot of socialization outside of Jira. 

Anyway, these are just a few examples. Every time I google the challenge I get met with articles on Scrumban and SAFe, which just isn't an option for us right now. Wondering if there's some reading on the subject or a discussion here that someone could point me to. 

THANKS!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events