Send email notification to current user

I need to send email notification to current user. So I defined the event with notification to current user.

The problem is, that the users have the setting set "My Changes" = "Do not notify me" and also the global setting is the same.

And this settings must stay this way, because the sending of email notification to current user is globaly not desired, only needed in one special case, for the other cases the current user should not be notified.  

Any idea for workaround? To send the email to current user only for this one special event in the special workflow?

1 comment

You'll need to find or write something that can ignore their desire not to be spammed by their own changes.  (Note that the global setting is a fall-back - it's used when a user has not actively made the choice by changing their profile)

Off the top of my head, ScriptRunner, JETI, JEMH and several other add-ons allow you to write or configure functions for this.

Comment

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you