Scriptrunner vulnerability email

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2018

Today I received suspicious email talking about critical vulnerability of ScriptRunner for JIRA and providing bunch of links to learn more about it and see how to patch the affected version.

As it looked suspicious to me I did not click on the links but instead tried to google any news about ScriptRunner vulnerabilities and checked Adaptavist web site. I did not find any information supporting claims in the email I received so looks like it was a malicious email and I was right not to trust it.

Let me know if I am wrong and there is indeed some vulnerabilities in Scriptrunner that need to be patched. But if there is none just be careful of the emails like this being distributed  to JIRA users.

1 comment

Comment

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2018

@RVal, there are critical security fixes for Scriptrunner in the Atlassian Marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira/version-history

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2018

It's definitely not malicious, there is a vulnerability.

The team has concentrated on fixing, patching and getting updates out to people who may be affected.  I'm expecting a wider announcement and some more detail soon.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2018

@Thomas SchlegelThank you for letting me know. I can see that Critical Security fix for JIRA 7.0 - 7.9.2 was delivered in version 5.3.26 released on 5/1/2018. That is probably why I did not find any recent news about it. I'm not sure why it took Adaptavist a month to send this warning email then.

Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2018

Hi @RVal,

We sent out an initial email May 1st. This email is a reminder email being sent in case the initial one was not received or not opened. If you would like to review the development ticket about this you can review here: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2832

Regards,

Katy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events