Scription between boards to automate updates.

Andy Leatherland August 27, 2019

Hi There community,

I currently have a Product and Dev boards, with some common fields. Currently I have to clone tasks between boards and also there is no linking between common fields so updates are very manual.

Any suggesting as to how I can address the common fields issue please.

AndyL

3 comments

Comment

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

Hi,

You have to use some plugins. Either

• Automation for Jira
  • Or Exocet
  • Or Script runner : Use a custom listener with script custom fields in order to sync between the fields
  • Or Exalate 
  • Or Power Scripts for Jira

cheers

Like # people like this
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

For information, Exocet is now called Elements Copy & Sync

Like M Amine likes this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2019

Right (I'm not yet accustomed with the new name though :)) 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

@Andy Leatherland Hey, Andy! Sounds like this is a Jira question, so I'll move it to that collection in order for you to get the answers you need. 😄

Andy Leatherland August 27, 2019

Thanks Erica :)

Like Erica Moss likes this
Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

Hi @Andy Leatherland ,

As @M Amine said, opting for a synchronization solution could be a viable solution.

We're the developers of Exalate Mohammed mentioned. It's a synchronization solution that will allow you to keep your dev and product boards in sync at all times.

You'll also be able to set up rules so you could choose what to sync and with whom. And you'll be able to set up triggers that determine when a synchronization happens automatically.

Furthermore, if you'll be working with other environments in the future, like another Jira SD or even other trackers like ServiceNow, Zendesk or Github,... You'll be able to add them to you synchronization. But I'm guessing that would be too much for now.

Anyway, I'd love to help you out and show everything through a demo. You can book a demo here.

Also, let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Stefaan

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events