Script for automatically re-opening tickets the 1st of every month

Daniel Mendes January 2, 2018

Hi!

I need assistance with a custom script for the following condition:

-automatically re-open a specific ticket 'Test-1' for the 'TEST' project every 1st of each month;

-the ticket has to transition from 'Closed' status to 'Pending BA' status every 1st of each month;

-this has to only apply to that one specific ticket.

I already have the periodicity covered by using a new service on the groovy class. However, I am clueless about writing the script to achieve the rest.

Any help with the script would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Daniel

1 comment

Comment

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

Hi Daniel. I moved your post because it was more of a Jira related thing, though I now realize this really belongs in the Questions area... Still getting used to this software. :)

You mention Groovy: Do you have the Scriptrunner add-on? The Escalation Service Built-in Script should be able to do this, no code required.

Daniel Mendes January 3, 2018

Hi Steven! Just to double-check, is this the CRON expression I should be using?

0 0 0 1 JAN-DEC ? *

Thanks.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

That does indeed look correct to me.

Daniel Mendes January 3, 2018

Ok thanks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events