RoadMaps

Anish Krishnan May 12, 2022

Hi

I am using JIRA for few projects and I need to know how to create RoadMaps for multiple Projects in same JIRA Account

4 comments

Comment

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2022

Hi, Anish!

On your existing plan, you can head to the Configure area and look for Issue Sources. There you can click + to add more projects, filters or boards to your plan.

A similar screen is presented when you create a new plan - you can provide multiple issues sources leading to a multi-project plan.

Edit to add documentation:

For Data Center/Server: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configure-your-advanced-roadmaps-plan-settings-1044784158.html#ConfigureyourAdvancedRoadmapsplansettings-issuesources

For Cloud: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/roadmaps/advanced-roadmaps

Cheers!

Sonu Bhatia May 12, 2022

Filipi, are you referring to the Advanced Roadmaps feature or the regular Roadmaps that comes with the Standard Jira plan?

From what I understand, the regular Roadmap on the Standard plan can only be connected to that one specific Jira project.

If we need to use multiple Jira projects as sources to a plan, we would need to upgrade to the Premium Jira plan and use the Advanced Roadmaps feature that comes with that upgrade.

Could someone validate my assumptions here? Thanks :)

Like Ashraf likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

You are correct, @Sonu Bhatia 

On Cloud, Standard Roadmaps is part of Jira Software Cloud Standard and are scoped to only one project.

For scopes of multiple projects, you need Advanced Roadmaps offered with Jira Software Cloud Premium.

Sonu Bhatia May 12, 2022

Thanks....that is exactly what I thought and mentioned in my comment as well :)

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Always happy to validate :)

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

@Anish Krishnan Just to add to the suggestion by @Filipi Lima , please be informed that Advanced Roadmaps in Jira Cloud is only available for Company-managed (formerly, Classic) projects, and is only available in Jira Software "Premium" Cloud plan.

Like # people like this
Anish Krishnan May 19, 2022

Thanks @Taranjeet Singh .. I am on the Standard plan so seems its not available for us

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2022

You're welcome, @Anish Krishnan !

Guillaume _Apwide_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Anish Krishnan,

As an alternative, you can also easily create multi projects timelines and roadmaps with Time Squad app: Time Squad on the Atlassian Marketplace

Kind Regards

Like David Berclaz likes this
Anish Krishnan May 19, 2022

@Guillaume _Apwide_  I tried using Time Squad, but its not being generated as per my backlog. 

Guillaume _Apwide_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2022

@Anish Krishnan we will be happy to help you getting this done: Time Squad Support 

Kateryna Zavhorodnia June 28, 2022

Hi @Anish Krishnan 

This is Katie from Jexo 👋
You can try our app 👉👉👉 Swanly: Portfolio Roadmaps Structure Gantt, Release Timeline

With Swanly, you can create roadmaps for multiple projects, and it can be a cheaper option to the Advanced Roadmaps if you want to stay on the Standard Jira Plan.

📌 Here's Swanly demo recorded by @Nikki 

Pls, check it out, or contact us at support@jexo.io 

Cheers,
Katie

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events