cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource planning with Insight Objects

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

I find Insight - Assetmanagement for Jira a great tool for creating, linking and managing Objects.

I want to do Test Management with Jira (probably with Xray) and use these Objects (e.g. for Test Execution 43, I want to use this PC, which is configured with this RAM and that CPU...). This is no problem, I just create a custom field on my Xray issues that is linked with the object.

But I want more: I'd like to be able to manage the availibility of my Objects. Just as you can plan Team Resources with Tempo Planner. Unfortunately, there is no integration of Tempo Planner and Insight that can enable this.

Does someone have another idea how to do this?

1 comment

Comment

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Marthin,

We have in our roadmap to implement an calendar feature in Insight, that would be related to this. This is something that we plan to start working on in a near future.

Meanwhile, the closest work around would be to have some attribute on the objects that represents the availability, like a datetime or perhaps a Textarea, depends on how you would like to represent it. With a date, you can't set both start and end, for that you would need two attributes. But then, you could only set one time period reserved, not multiple.

For that use case, perhaps a text attribute would come in handy.

This is some initial thought from my side.

Best Regards
Alexander

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events