Pros and Cons of individual or shared project configuration

Hi JIRA administrators,

It would be great if you could share your experience of using JIRA for 60+ projects without having a mess in all that schemes. 

Is it better to

1. create one shared configurations of workflows, issue types and screens and use it mandatory on all projects
  2. have an individual configuration per project

Right now I am mostly for #2, as it has big flexibility for each project without affecting others, but I will have 60+ configurations that probably noone exept me could deal with.

What is your experience?

2 comments

For 60 projects I would recommend #1, or create a small set of schemes. If you follow #2 you will spend more time updating every scheme in the future

It's the difference between a deli and a supermarket!

Matt, thank you, I like your comment.

So does this mean that for 60 projects we should say that "company rules" are over team's agility? Instead of allowing teams to try their own way they should just select one scheme from a set because it saves administrators time.

Does any one know how do the very valuable shared configuration in the new jira experience? That options has disappeared among the new project creation screens.

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

769 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you