cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Managers, I need to pick up your brains! 🧠

Elyes Gannoun _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2022

Hello everyone,

I’m Elyes, Product Manager at Elements.

To everyone and particularly Product Managers, I need your advice!

When designing a future feature, we conduct user interviews, create high & low-fidelity mock-ups to present to different people to gather feedback, and start writing and refining user stories once the scope has been defined.

For each story, we have acceptance criteria and acceptance tests, and sometimes sub-tasks when needed.

At last, when defects are found during the development process, bugs are created which block the story.

Now that you have the context in mind, let me tell you about my struggles.

It’s difficult for me to have all the relevant information at the feature level. When are the stories due date? In what version will each one be released? How can I see that a bug blocks the development of the story? I can go on and on…

Tell me I’m not the only one! What struggles do you face when designing features?

2 comments

Comment

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

Hi @Elyes Gannoun _Elements_ 

Have you ever considered using Gantt chart - Advanced Roadmaps or BigPicture

These requirements can be easily solved either via Jira software premium or BigPicture

Let me know if you need specific scenarios

Thanks,

Pramodh 

Elyes Gannoun _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2022

Hey @Pramodh M , thank you for your answer!

I was just wondering if a lightweight solution could do the trick.

Moreover, Gantt, Advanced Roadmap or BigPicture offer this kind of view at a global level right? Is it possible to display this kind of information at an issue level? Display all these information, but directly on the Epic.

Thanks again :)

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

@Elyes Gannoun _Elements_ 

Yes, we do have this at the Issue Level as well as per my understanding of Advanced Roadmaps.

It doesn't allow you to configure this at the issue level though, but at the global level and you can filter it it the issue level.

Let me know in case of any queries

Gergo Matyas November 29, 2022

Why are due dates important on story level?

I only have due dates for features. Based on the progression, you can decide which story or bug can be cut from the release.

As other mentioned above, I'd go with a Gantt chart where features are visualized.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events