Priority Schemes in JIRA

Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2018

I'm trying to understand what's the purpose of having the priority scheme editable rather than having the default priority scheme working for all projects. Why not just  select the level that suites an issue and ignore the rest. Why have it editable?

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

Imagine you have 10 projects, each with an average of 4 different priorities.

You now have 40 priorities for everyone to search through.  Many users won't know which one is most appropriate for any particular project.  Actually, that example works with just 2 sets of 4 priorities.

Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2018

thanks

Pronto Software May 22, 2018

Prior to Priority Schemes coming along, all projects have the Default Scheme (with basic Priorities). Now we have Priority Schemes, I’d like to add a few new Priority types for specific projects. Great, I create new Priorities, create a Priority Scheme, add the Priorities to the Scheme.

Problem: the new Priorities exist in the Default Priority Scheme, which can’t be edited, so all Projects get extra Priorities that don’t relate to their issues.

I can’t create a new “instance default” Priority Scheme and associate all the Projects to it – as you do for other types of Schemes - you can only have one Project per Priority Scheme. There’s no way we’re going to manually create one Scheme per Project in order to move them away from the Jira Default Priority Scheme.

Any ideas about handling this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events