Popular Plugin / Apps that are Server only

Casey Daniell January 27, 2020

I am analyzing purchasing Jira Cloud vs Jira Server for a new company that I am supporting. After supporting Jira Server for so long, I no longer have an  exhaustive list of "what Server does that Cloud doesn't" and the limitations of Jira Server vs Cloud.

1. Does anyone have a listing of popular Jira plugins (now called apps) that are supported in only Jira Server and not on Atlassian's Cloud offering?  
  2. Is there a comparison of default features between these offering? Right now it seems like the more I look, the more I find, but I can't find a simple matrix of the offerings between these projects.

Edit: Yes, I know about https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/compare-atlassian-cloud-vs-server-744721664.html however this is marketing speak and doesn't actually tell me what's functionally different between the two.

2 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Hi @Casey Daniell 

Short answer to #1 is no. The longer answer is #2 and what I ended up doing was an analysis of all the plugins I use to find what did and didn't work on Cloud with an investigation of moving from Server to Cloud. I might suggest just starting with your base set of Swiss Army Knife tools you put on all instances and see if they exist.

A word of caution, however, is that even if they are supported on Cloud, they may well not do All The Things that the Server version does. Some stuff reaches too deep into the application to give to a subset; if one got it, everyone would get it, for example.

From an Atlassian partner I like and trust, his recommendation is test, test, test.

Best,

Mike

Madhav Sharma February 2, 2020

CGI scripts, applets depend on which computer it runs.

Regards
Infogeekers

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events