Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Automation

erin.day September 13, 2022

I have a task that is running through 'automation', But it is not on my automation list.

It was when I was learning to set these up. And now I am getting duplicates with this phantom 'old' recurring task.

Is there another place automation tasks live? Product Setting -> Automation is where I see the correct automations.

1 comment

Comment

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hello @erin.day 

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center?

How do you know that it is an Automation rule versus maybe a workflow post function? What is the 'automation' doing?

When you said you looked under "Product" Settings, did you actually mean "Project" settings?

erin.day September 13, 2022

I am not sure which Jira. Our IT is the admin if that helps.

Yes I meant Project settings.

I was thinking it might have been a workflow post function. But not sure how to make it stop. I cannot find the original task and it might have been deleted.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

If the URL for your Jira instance is https://<something>.atlassian.net , then you are using Jira Cloud. Otherwise you are using Jira Server/Data Center and you should see Jira version information at the bottom of some screens (like the login screen).

What is the automated action that is happening?

If you are not an administrator for your Jira instance, you will need to engage with your IT department if changes need to be made to a workflow.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events