Open-sourced jira timetracker

Hi guys đź‘‹
We just launched Chronos Timetracker.

Desktop client for JIRA.  Track time, upload automatic and manual worklogs without a hassle. Cross-platform. Open-sourced. Free.

I think it may be interested, especially for developers since it's open-source project.

How is it different from other timetracker?

Chronos works with native JIRA methods. You track time on tasks from JIRA and your logged hours appear as native JIRA worklogs.

Who is it for?

People who work with JIRA and track time. If you don’t want to use third-party timetrackers, you can move all of your work history to JIRA. Our desktop client is open-sourced and we don’t store your working hours data (we store screenshots and activity if you tell us so, but you can keep it time-only).

One of our goals during development was reducing a need to use JIRA web interface and make user-flow as comfortable as possible.
Here is something you can do with Chronos Timetracker:

• Find any task among your projects/boards/spring 
  • Check task details, comments, worklogs
  • Get a quick task report
  • Move task to “Done”

All of that without leaving an app. Less distraction.

Learn more about Chronos: https://chronos.web-pal.com/
Check code base: https://github.com/web-pal/chronos-timetracker

2 comments

Hi! 

This plugin sounds good. 

I am going to describe  your plugin for the Atlassian User Group in Saint-Petersburg, because many members asked about that functionality in Cloud.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

I have a question - any suggestions for getting Jira onto Chrome OS? I am currently on a Chrome PIxelbook and curious if an add-on is needed to install Chronos as an app. Current versions for Apple, Windows and Linux are incompatible.

Thanks!

Comment

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,399 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you