[OLD] Looking for Alpha testers for a new Atlassian product - sign up here!

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

Clementine has now shut down. We worked closely with a lot of the alpha and beta testers of Clementine. A huge thanks to everyone who was involved. We ultimately decided that Clementine was not something we wanted to pursue.

Original post for posterity:

--

Hi Everyone!

I'm Josh, a PM at Atlassian. My team and I have been working on a new product, and it's getting close to being ready to share with the world! Our codename for the product is Clementine, but it will have a new name before we launch it publicly. 

We are interested in getting 30 people to sign up as alpha-testers

We want to start small, so we can really listen to your feedback, and make changes before we make the product public. I can't think of a better place to start than the Atlassian Community!

If you're interested in helping us out, and getting access to early builds of Clementine, read on for more details.

Do you fit the bill?

We're looking for users that fit into a specific set of criteria -- Clementine will likely work much better for you if you fit most, or all, of the criteria below:

• You use any of the following products (the more the better): Jira Software Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket, Stride, Trello, Github, Box, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive
  • You use Google Calendar, Office365, or Microsoft Exchange for your meetings
  • You, and your team are heavy users of the Atlassian tools
  • You often work across multiple of the tools listed above, and are constantly switching between them
  • You're interested in giving Clementine a try, and providing the Clementine team with regular feedback
  • You're open to us reaching out to interview you

Can you tell me a little more about Clementine?

Yeah absolutely! We don't want to give too much away just yet, but Clementine is designed for people who have their work scattered across many tools -- Clementine's mission is to help you take control of your work day. It's goal in life is to bring together work from many tools and put it into one place, so you can feel that you're on top of what's going on.

I'm interested! Sign me up!

One big note I'd like to add -- please only sign up if you use Jira or Confluence Cloud. Clementine does not work with our Server products right now.

Fill out this Google form to Sign up -- we'll reach out to you over the next week or so with more information.

--

Thank you SO much for taking the time to read this, and for helping us out!

Josh, and the Clementine team :)

29 comments

Comment

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

Hey @Josh Devenny

The survey is not open at this time. No permission has been granted for me to sign up. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

Survey was opened, got it. Thanks!

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

Yeah, oops. Fixed now!

Deleted user June 2, 2018

Form filled in, hopefully signed up Clementine sounds very promising :) 

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
June 4, 2018

Thanks Danny!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2018

I'm definitely curious about what we can expect here for the future :)

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
June 4, 2018

I'm excited to show it to you :)

Liz June 4, 2018

Form filled ;) Hope to help with this!

Andrea Mendez
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Form filled in :) I hope to be able to test Clementine

LeKisha Boswell June 4, 2018

All set - completed the required form.

Thanks for the consideration!!

Chris Whitehead June 5, 2018

Sounds perfect for us! Form completed.

thanks

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2018

Interested! Can't wait to find out more.

Asha Kumari June 5, 2018

Signed up for it. Hopefully this is going to be that one place where I can hold/bring all of our engineering tools together. Waiting to see what is really in it.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2018

Signed up....let us see how it goes..

Jack [AppFox]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2018

Count me in!

Sarah Clements June 6, 2018

Constantly looking for products to consolidate usage of our company systems. Very intrigued ...... 

Jon Watts June 6, 2018

I'm in :-)

Yogi garg June 6, 2018

I m in :)

Neha.Madan@iress.com.au June 6, 2018

Curious to test Clementine and finally have that only one designated place that I see every morning to plan my day.

Having to open different products just to decide where to start my day from is really painful. 

Kamel Meftah June 7, 2018

Sign me up

HariRam June 7, 2018

I am in. 

Marija Ušakova June 19, 2018

Sign me up, Please. Hopefully I will get accepted for this initiative. Clementine sounds Lit.

Emily Errico June 19, 2018

To sign up for testing, you have to fill out the Google form linked at the bottom of the original post. I'd hurry, I think they're planning on beginning the product testing this week.

And I agree, it does sound lit. :)

Marija Ušakova June 20, 2018

Done

MK July 27, 2018

Hey @Josh Devenny, is the "only for cloud"-note still up to date?

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2018

Hi Michael -- yes, currently it's still only available for Cloud.

Deleted user September 20, 2018

Hello @Josh Devenny and thanks for bringing up Clementine to the public! 

I've started testing it and seems that the tool has all chances to become something really useful for me and my team.

So far, I could not understand the following, could you please clarify for me? Is it a single-user mode only when a single person/user can see only his/her activities OR is there some 'control panel' where teamlead or project manager can review all activities? Is for individuals or also for the teams?

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2018

Hi Serge,

Great to hear it's working for you and your team!

Clementine is designed as a single user experience -- it's for you to take your entire workday.

Jira is where teamwork happens, and the Jira boards are where we expect people to see what their teams are working on.

Hope that helps.

Josh

Andy Fleming September 20, 2018

And just like that, all my various bits and pieces are in the one place - this might be really, really good...

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2018

Awesome to hear @Andy Fleming!

Would love to chat to you, if you're up for it. It's incredibly helpful for us to chat to new users to get more feedback on their first impressions.

You can schedule some time here: https://calendly.com/jdevenny

Cheers
Josh

Andy Fleming September 20, 2018

Sounds good @Josh Devenny- though only just installed it so give me a few days to kick the tyres?

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2018

Sounds great

Jeff Robertz November 12, 2018

Hi there.

I started testing Clementine few days ago and have some questions:

1. Where do you store the action taken on the Clementine browser homepage?
  2. Can I connect two (or multiple) different cloud instances (two different addressed) of Jira/Cf where I use different mail addresses to login
  3. I connected MS office did not notice any visible change, what is supposed to happen?

Thanks for your answers!

Cheers,

Jeff

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2018

Hi @Jeff Robertz

Thanks for trying Clementine!

1. They are stored on a backend service, so they are available across devices.
  2. Not currently. Clementine fetches all of your work across all of the instances you use with a single Atlassian account.
  3. When you create a task from Outlook, or a document is shared with you in OneDrive, it will show up in Clementine.

Hope that helps.

Josh

Jeff Robertz November 13, 2018

Great, thanks for your reply Josh. On 2. This is currently a PAIN for me as I am using Atlassian products with various clients. So having the ability to have a cross instance view (for me) would be awesome some time in the future!

I will keep testing it as it is going in the right direction!

Jochen Gererstorfer November 23, 2018

Hey @Josh Devenny

Clementine looks really great so far. I found Clementine while I was searching for an implementation of the Confluence tasks into GSuite.

Do you think it would be possible to show the Clementine action list in the new Google sidebar?

Like: https://cl.ly/82e70763018f

I have some questions:

1. The Calendar integration is not working for me. I tried with 2 Google accounts. Do we have to do something special?
    After "We're importing your calendar events.
    This will take a few minutes but only needs to be done once." the right bar shows no calendar items.
  2. Same for the Google Drive integration. Its not working for me. I also tried with a free and an Suite account.
  3. The Create an action function is nice. But it would be better, if it would also create a task for my user in Confluence.

thanks
Jochen

Jochen Gererstorfer November 23, 2018

Hey @Josh Devenny,
Clementine looks really great so far. I found Clementine while I was searching for an implementation of the Confluence tasks into GSuite.

Do you think it would be possible to show the Clementine action list in the new Google sidebar? Right there where we can use the Google Tasks....

Like that:
https://cl.ly/82e70763018f
I have some questions:

The Calendar integration is not working for me. I tried with 2 Google accounts. Do we have to do something special?
After "We're importing your calendar events. This will take a few minutes but only needs to be done once." the right bar shows no calendar items.

Same for the Google Drive integration. Its not working for me. I also tried with a free and an Suite account.

The "Create an action" function is nice. But it would be better, if it would also create a task for my user in Confluence.

thanks
Jochen

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2018

Hi Jochen,

Awesome to hear your first impressions of Clementine are great :) 

I'll respond to both of your above comments here:

• Google sidebar -- this is an interesting idea, I'll make sure to discuss it with the team. No plans right now.
  • Calendar/Drive integration not working -- that's unfortunate to hear. Would you mind clicking the Feedback button (above your avatar in the bottom left) in Clementine? This will help us to collect more information about your environment and have a discussion privately.

Cheers

Josh

Liz Bedwell February 12, 2019

Hi,

I have been using this since in came out, it has become an invaluable resource in my project manager role.

I use it every day, and now today I get a banner saying that it will be shut down on the 10th of March!? FFS!

Why launch a tool and then remove it so quickly!!!

Between this and the issues we are having with Jira Cloud in my company lately it is getting very difficult to use any Atlassian Product, let alone suggest it as a useful development tool anymore. Which is a shame as I have been the unofficial Atlassian Ambassador and Trainer in every company I have worked for.

:(

Like # people like this
Alexander Preston February 14, 2019

Yeah it's a shame, Clementine definitely had potential.

Like Jack [AppFox] likes this
Chris Whitehead February 14, 2019

agreed, it's a real shame to see it being shut down.  What's the harm in just leaving it up as it is and letting people use it if they like whilst knowing it won't get updated with new features?

MK February 14, 2019

it costs money?

also they announced it as an alpha-test and to check if there is an market niche to fill...
so i seriously don't get all the crying when it not even went into production...

Regards

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events