Not able to create a new classic project

Arthur Harutyunyan June 26, 2020

Somehow the magic didnt happen :) 

This is what Jira tells me if I press "Create" a new classic project while next-gen works fine.

Who faced this issue guys, and who knows if there is an issue on Jira side?not able to create classic proj.PNG

1 comment

Comment

Artur Moura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2020

Hi Arthur,

I did some research and I found this link https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Can-t-create-classic-Service-Desk-Projects/qaq-p/1342074 which might help you.

Overall, you need to follow these steps below:

1. Visit the following URL
  2. <your site name>.atlassian.net/jsd-itsm
  3. Click "Enable ITSM early access"
  4. Click "Create ITSM project"
  5. Click "Change Template" and verify that all classic service desk templates appear.
  6. You may now cancel creating a new project. (Or continue if you would like).
  7. Classic Service Desk templates have now been restored. You can create one from the standard "Create Project > Classic Project" menu

Cheers,

Artur Moura

Arthur Harutyunyan June 27, 2020

Thanks @Artur Moura  for the answer

I also did some research, and some others tried myself.

So, as a conclusion I can say that:

- Jira does not allow to create classic "Business" project using kanban board. It does work for any other template, like "Project management", "Task Tracking", "Content Management" etc.

- Instead Jira allows to create new classic project with kanban board, if the project category is "Software" 

Like Artur Moura likes this
Artur Moura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2020

Hello again, Arthur,

Thanks for you research either, and about kanban boards, yes the default boards come with Software project only but not in the business project.

Artur Moura

Arthur Harutyunyan June 29, 2020

Thank you too ;)

Arthur

Like Artur Moura likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events