Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Jira, can I see some of your real-world use cases of the Epic/Story/Task relationships?

apparker December 8, 2019

I've read about 10 articles on this, watched some videos, and still kind of fuzzy on it. I'm surprised Atlassian hasn't put together some sort of fake Widget company and then described some Epic/Story/Task items throughout their Docs.

Can some of you more-experienced Jira users send me some of your real-world use cases for these relationships? I've added about 50 tasks for my Devs, some stories, and Epics, but before I unleash them, I need to make sure I'm doing this right. TIA

1 comment

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2019

Jira is a tool that can be used to track tickets for a huge range of different business processes. There is no one right answer.

Some organisations add an extra step called "Initiatives" related to the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework for enterprise I think) methodology and there can be added levels.

Here is a except from our documentation

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 11.43.36 AM.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events