Need advice on how best to treat a documentation/knowledge base that works with TalentLMS

Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2019

So here's what I'm trying to accomplish and I'm looking for advice and experience sharing.

I need to create some type of knowledge base that we can use to create documentation and training material for my company. I need to create documentation that's both technical and non-technical. We're NOT a software company but a home service company in the pest control and home cleaning industry. I need to create documentation on your processes, tools, etc. that can either be referenced when needed or linked to from our LMS system (TalentLMS).

I also want to avoid, if possible, having to pay a license fee for every user when  most users only need read-only access but I do want to make sure our information is protected behind some type of login.

Confluence seems like a good first step but it doesn't seem to really be designed for my use case. Atlassian Service Desk does seem to bridge that gap but can our information be protected behind a login? The support ticket isn't something I really need right now which seems to be the core use of ServiceDesk.

Anyone ever tackled this issue themselves? I would have loved to have used something like Scroll Viewpoint but that seems to only work with Server edition and I'm on the Cloud edition.

Looking for suggestion on the best way to approach this.

P.S. To clarify I am getting familiar with Confluence so maybe that will do everything I need. I'm just not sure but would like to hear from anyone that has done something similar.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events