Multiple workflows in one issue

Vidhya GOWTHAM April 19, 2017

Hello 

presently am using one work flow like this  created -> in progress -> done

now i want to change this workflow

Example  issue name is ABC 

the work flow is D-> E-> F

But in E state i have to use 3 different workflows .   

How to create multiple workflows in E?

3 comments

Comment

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

You simply have to add more then one transition from E:

• E -> F
  • E -> G
  • E -> H

Or did I understand your question wrong?

My present workflow is 

Craeted -> In progress - > Done

Now i want to change my work flow 

Created - > In progress -> Done

But here In progress step i  want to create 3 workflows .these 3 work flows run in parallel.

1st workflow is 

Created - > Implementation ->  Testing -> Done

2nd workflow is

Created - > In progress -> Done

3rd  workflow is 

Created - > In progress -> Done

These 3 subtasks are run parallel in In progress  step.

Is it possible ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2017

It is very well possible that Thomas' answer is what you need. However, it might be easier to assist if you could just specify exactly what you need, rather than using D / E / F to represent what you call 'the worklows'.

A workflow consists of statuses (created / in progress / done in your example) and transitions (the path from one status to another, represented by an arrow in the workflow diagram).

If F, G and H in the example from Thomas are statuses, than you should be fine by adding them to your workflow and - indeed - adding 3 transitions from status E.

You can use conditions and/or validators on the transitions to help decide under what circumstances they may be available.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2017

This is basically the same question you asked yesterday, which has similar answers.

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Multiple-sub-tasks-in-paralell/qaq-p/578162

But i am not understanding how to  create work flow for subtask ? am new to JIRA . i am learning now . can you please explain clearly.  

and how to create subtask ?

Thank you

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events