Moving from Jira Server to Data Center

Gal Fatal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2019

We are about to decide wheather to move from one local server to data center or stay with one server for anothet year.

It would be great to have discussion of experienced admins about the transision , spcify the benefits,the difficulties, tips, recommendations,any issue that can assist us/others to take the right decision .

Our architecture :

One local virtual machine server for Jira and SD.

About 600 active users, working 2 years (and growing) . sometimes we have performance issues.

15 apps installed

Many customizations with lot of script runner groovy code

Our main reasons to move to Data Center are high availability and performance impovement. 

Thanks.

2 comments

Comment

sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2019

Hi Gal,

This is a decision all management have to make once they start using Jira as standalone.

Pros of DC:

Obviously higher availability

Better performance.

I cannot see much cons in DC setup apart from cost and it wont be a problem if productivity is improved i believe with better performance and less unplanned down time.

Seeing your user count  i still believe you can survive with stand alone if a better performance tuning is done.

Like Gal Fatal likes this
Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2019

Hi Gal,

If you do decide to move over to Data Center, Project Configurator for Jira could help you make the transition, especially if you have more than one server to merge into Data Center. 

We've written some more info about this here if you are interested.

Like Gal Fatal likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events